Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Reading Double

New Year Publishing was kind enough to send me a copy of "I'm Having Twins" and "My Twins are Coming Home."  The books were written by a young girl named Paris Morris about her experience becoming a big sister at the age of three.  I like that the books give a real child's perspective on gaining siblings.  In "I'm Having Twins" in addition to the excitement of a new sibling Paris shares some of the concerns she had, such as having to share her room, toys and parents.  In the second book, "My Twins are Coming Home," Paris learns the happiness a new family member brings.  I think that these would be great companion books for a young child expecting a sibling, or two.  Any child expecting a younger sibling is bound to feel a combination of excitement and apprehension and Paris's story is sure to make them feel less alone in these feelings.

source

source


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me

3 comments:

  1. How old was the child that wrote these?! What a brilliant idea though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe she was 10 when she wrote the books. You can learn more about her here: http://www.myfriendparis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude! this is soooooo perfect for elsa!!!! i cant wait to show her mom!

    ReplyDelete