Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spring Cleaning

Yesterday, under the supervision of my naturopath, I began the Standard Process 21 Day Cleanse.  I can eat as many fruits and vegetables as I want, I just have to keep a 2 to 1 vegetable to fruit ratio.  I also get to eat some lentils everyday and I take supplements and drink a ton of water.  Technically I only have to drink 64oz but I've been extremely thirsty since starting the cleanse so I've probably been drinking twice that.   After 10 days I get to add meat to my diet.

I decided to do this because I hope it will help with some skin issues I've had for a while and I'd like to lose a couple of pounds that I gained after I stopped breastfeeding and before I adjusted to eating less.  I haven't progressively gained weight but I did gain a few pounds right after I stopped and I haven't been able to lose them.  I'll keep you updated on my progress.

So far the cleanse has been pretty painless.  I'm hungry but for the most part it's just my mind that is hungry, not my stomach.  I have a problem with eating when I'm bored or stressed.  Eating spinach or carrots for comfort just isn't that appealing so maybe I'll be able to break that habit as a part of this cleanse.  I've also been a little irritable but Dr. Blake told me I could expect the first few days to be difficult.   So far it is not as difficult as I feared it might be.

I'm not the only one working on a deep clean.  Today my wonderful husband moved the appliances in our kitchen to sweep and mop underneath.  I may do most of the daily cleaning but I like to pass off the heavy lifting to someone stronger.

Have you ever done a cleanse?  Did you get good results?


Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me

2 comments:

  1. I've done a four day jucing cleanse which was pretty hardcore but I actually really enjoyed it in hindsight! lol I didnt loose a lot of weight, I would have if I'd done the 21 day one but I felt like on was high most of the time lol. Extremely energising and I had trouble sleeping as I had so much energy! haha! This sounds really simple...when I was juicing the longing to chew was the worse thing so this sounds like something I could handle! Look forward to hearing more about it...fruit salads and veggie salads everyday sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am continually amazed by the amount of information available on this subject. What you presented was well researched and well worded in order to get your stand on this across to all your readers. Commercial Cleaning

    ReplyDelete