This is the first year that Flora has been excited about Santa so this is the first year that cookies have been important. This year our "cookies" are actually Peanut Butter Blondies. Why? I hear Santa likes them.
Peanut Butter Blondies adapted from here.
1c Earth Balance
1 1/3c Granulated Fructose
1t Vanilla Extract
1 16oz Jar of Chunky Peanut Butter
2c Non-enriched Organic White Flour
1t Baking Powder (Rumford brand is both aluminium and potato free)
1/2c Carob Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 9x13" pan with parchment paper.
2. In medium size bowl combine wet ingredients with a fork. It's hard work but mix them until the consistency is even. (You can use a mixer but the blondies will have a consistency more similar to cake. Using a fork to combine the ingredients will give them more of a brownie texture, which I prefer.)
3. In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
4. Stir dry ingredients into peanut butter mixture. Then fold in carob chips.
5. Bake at 325 for 25-30 min, or until the top of the blondies look dry. Knife may not come out clean so don't use that as a gauge.
What are you leaving out for Santa this year?