Friday, August 20, 2010

I can't read!

I really enjoy the time Flora spends on the toilet.  It's some of the only time I get to myself during the day.  Sometimes she plays her drum machine, other times she reads.  I don't worry too much about what she does in there because I'm confident, that even at the age of two, she knows that smearing poop on herself or the wall is not an acceptable form of entertainment.  The other day, I set her up with several books then returned to the kitchen to finish cooking dinner.  I could hear her yelling something at me but didn't worry about it too much, she ALWAYS has something she wants to tell me.  When she didn't give up, I went back to see if she was having a problem.  I arrived at the bathroom door to find a flustered little girl with books sprawled in front of her.  She looked up at me and, in an agitated voice, said:  "I can't read!".



0 comments:

Post a Comment